Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gratitude to a Multitude

It has been a long journey to achieving my Accreditation in Public Relations and I want to thank all those who have supported me along the way.

Cathy Morley Foster of PRSA-SF for organizing the first APR preparation course I took four years ago.

Elisabeth Handler, APR, for teaching the APR prep courses I attended in 2005 and 2009 and for her supportive emails.

Phyllis Goodman, APR, and Sarah Grolnic-McClurg, APR, for organizing the APR process in 2009 and for their constant support.

Mike Miller for providing great advice for my PRSA Bronze Award submission. Once I received that honor, I had the confidence to complete the APR process.

Kit Ratcliff, Liz O'Hara, Heidi Bilodeau, Chellene Wood, and the entire Ratcliff firm for supporting and participating in the successful Centennial public relations campaign that was the centerpiece of my APR portfolio and the winner of several industry awards.

Beverly Butler, APR, Gerard Corbett, APR, Fellow PRSA, and Carol Crawford, APR, MBA, for their thorough review of my portfolio and the confidence they gave me as a result of the Readiness Review panel interview.

All my classmates in the APR Prep Courses. While I'm not allowed to name them due to PRSA's confidentiality guidelines, their input and feedback as I prepared for the panel interview and exam were invaluable.

Most importantly, my kids for their great advice on how to handle multiple-choice questions on a standardized exam and my husband for supporting and celebrating my professional development.

Now that I have achieved this professional development goal, I look forward to attaining my next goal: a full-time public relations or communications management position with a Bay Area organization. Please keep me in mind if you hear of local job openings.

Gratefully yours,
Mary

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:09 AM , Blogger trishtunney said...

congratulations, mary! best of luck and looking forward to working with you in the future. I have always enjoyed your competence and humor.

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Dottie Jeffries said...

Mary, Congratulations. All the best to you. I'll pass any relevant job leads your way. Regards, Dottie Jeffries

 
At 10:32 AM , Anonymous Gerard Corbett said...

Mary:

Congratulations!!! You did your homework and are a creit to the profession. All the best,

Gerry

 
At 3:36 PM , Anonymous James Stover, APR said...

Hi - saw your post on LinkedIn and followed it here. Congratulations on your accreditation. I got mine in November. It was a great boost for me, as I found my way into PR from copywriting and commercial broadcast production. It also was an ideal first step for furthering my education. It has given me great focus and clarity in determining what I would want from a master's degree program.

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Mary E. Tressel, APR said...

Thank you to all for your comments and congratulations here! I am very grateful for your support.

Best regards,
Mary

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger What a Trip said...

Congrats, Mary. Those of us who have passed the APR exam know that it is quite an honor. Now if only we could get our clients to understand. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home