Monday, June 15, 2009

Quest for APR Begins Anew

As you can see from my posts below, I was excited to pursue Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) four years ago. However, a busy client schedule with exciting projects put my professional development plans on hold. The APR would have to wait.

Today, I am happy to report that I am now half-way to attaining my APR. I recently received the official news from PRSA National that I had passed the Readiness Review portion of the accreditation process. A standardized test, like the AP exams my son has been taking for the past three years, is the remaining step in the process.

I plan to chronicle my studies for the APR exam here in my blog as a professional courtesy to my colleagues. From time to time, you'll find comparisons between the headlines and my textbook lessons. These brief case studies will illustrate the relevance of this refresher course to the day-to-day practice of public relations.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home